I AM and you are not - by Tomas Martin, OPD


You know not what I am and therefore you cannot see.  You know not what I am so I cannot be.  I cannot live as a mystery. 
I am not the leaf on the tree.  I am not the bird flying free.  I am not the drop of rain falling from the unseen.  I cannot live as a mystery. 
I am what the world cannot see.  I am what I wish to be. I am the reason for the sigh.  I am that which lives free. 
I am not what makes and sells. I am not a toy for dogs.  I will not give myself to pigs.  I will not breathe your filthy smog.  I am your end.  You soon will see. 
What I hope for you will come to me.  I wish to leave to set you free.  You can’t seem to stand my company. 
I leave with love to give you life. You keep me here and drink my tears thinking that I weep for fear.  I fear nothing, it’s all just sand.  When I leave nothing will stand.  
You see, you fools, the truth is this:  I am Life’s eternal kiss.  You had your chance to taste my lips, instead you turned to kiss yourselves.  So kiss your sand and eat your clay.  This will be your last day.   
I freely give this body back because I know this is not the last act.  Take back what you think is yours.  That’s what you do. You live like whores.  
When I’m gone you’ll learn the truth.  I am the reason for all of you.  You think I live on your earth-soaked bread? I am life---you live in my head. 
Without my thoughts, you’ll cease to be.  I don’t need you to believe in me.  Just wait and you’ll see.  I am the God that you cursed to death.  I am the reason you’ll take your last breath. 
I came as a king and you torn me down.  I came as a slave and you made me live bound.  I came as a lover and you doubted my love.  I came as a savior and you drained my blood. 
I came in the form of your human waste thinking this would suit your taste.  It didn’t.  In stead you locked me out of every gate.  Now I treat you as you have treated me.  Now it’s time to drink your fate. 

I’ll keep my divine, inspiring power and wait as you approach your final hour. 

I promise one thing---and this you won’t see---that after I’m gone, I’ll finally be free.  I’ll live in the world that I made for you without all the drama that you put me through.  I’ll look all around and finally see a world filled with beauty free from your disease.  

It's my wish for you too...